These terms and conditions (‘terms’) apply to the service and maintenance contract (‘contract’) between the person ordering the services (‘customer’ or ‘you’) and Swale Heating Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’). Please read these terms carefully before agreeing to the contract as they contain important information.
If you have selected ‘Eco Service Plan’ then the contract between you and us entitles you to an annual boiler service only.
If you have selected ‘Eco Service Plan Plus’ then your contract entitles you to comprehensive Labour cover for your gas central heating boiler and heating system and includes an annual service. There are no excess fees to pay all labour is included, subject to the exclusions listed below. We will provide the service you have selected to you in accordance with these terms.
PARTS: if you have taken out either a 'Eco Service Plan' or a 'Eco Service Plan Plus' any requirement for parts to rectify a fault with an appliance will be charged as a 'Bolt on' payment to your plan or a payment in full within 30 days of rectifying any fault. All parts are charged at Wolsley list prices these can be found on their websites. All prices will be confirmed prior to installation. All parts and the installation of any parts are guaranteed for a period of 12 months.
EXCLUSIONS TO THE SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE CONTRACT:
The following services are excluded from both our ‘standard Eco Service Plan’ & ‘Eco Service Plan Plus’:
- Adjustments to time and temperature controls.
- Replacement of decorative parts.
- Any domestic water supply from the hot water cylinder or appliances including taps and showers.
- Any cold-water storage cistern, mains water supply, cold water supply pipework.
- Inherent defects or inadequacy to the original design and installation of the system/appliance(s) not apparent at the initial subject to survey visit, or from visual inspection, and consequential damage or loss arising from defects (not applicable if Swale Heating installed the entire heating system).
- Pipework, wiring or flues buried in the fabric of the building including underfloor heating.
- Any defects or damage caused through malicious or wilful action, negligence, or third-party interference.
- Any defects or damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, flood, storm, frost, impact or other extraneous cause.
- Any defect or damage occurring from a failure of the public electricity, gas or water supplies.
- Any work arising from hard water scale deposit, system contamination or damage from aggressive water.
- Removing asbestos associated with repairing appliance or system.
- Any Unvented cylinder or associated unvented system components.
- Replacement or repair of thermal stores, immersion heaters or the repair of fan convectors.
- Replacement of towel rails, Low Surface Temperature and designer radiators, including any associated valves.
- Replenishment of chemical treatments.
- Complete appliance replacement for any reason.
- Replacement of gas supply pipework.
- Any increased cost of utilities, loss of water services, loss of earnings, any retrospective cost for items not relating to the repair of the heating components.
- The cost of any improvements to the heating or hot water systems.
- Removing sludge from system.
- Replacing/repairing any steel or iron pipes.
- Making access to the appliance/system that is not deemed reasonable.
PERIODS OF CONTRACT: The contract will run for a period of one calendar year from the date that acceptance onto contract is confirmed (‘initial term’), following the outcome of an engineer’s inspection and the initial subject to survey visit being satisfactory to Thorpe Eco Ltd. If it is not, Thorpe Eco Ltd may terminate the contract with immediate effect by notifying you. Any remedial work required following the initial subject to survey visit is not covered by this contract and will be quoted for and charged separately.
ANNUAL SERVICE: A service engineer will inspect the central heating appliance(s) once a year on an agreed date and clean and adjust them as necessary using reasonable care and skill. A visual inspection of the system will also be carried out at this time, and any remedial works actioned or quoted for separately as necessary.
ACCEPTANCES ON TO CONTRACT: Acceptance of a system or appliance(s) on to a contract does not imply that it is installed satisfactorily (not applicable if Swale Heating installed the entire heating system) or to current standards or codes of practice or that any spare parts required are guaranteed to be available for the appliance. Please note that a service (chargeable at £62 Inc. VAT unless otherwise stated) will be carried out at the initial subject to survey visit, regardless of whether Thorpe Eco Ltd agrees to provide cover, unless prior request not to is made by the custom.
PRICE AND PAYMENT: The price payable by you is as notified by Thorpe Eco Ltd at the time the contract is entered. The price is inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated. Thorpe Eco Ltd may increase the price at the end of each contract year but you will always be notified of any price increase in advance. Payment is due annually in advance or by monthly instalments and is to be paid as notified by Thorpe Eco Ltd. Any price increases will be in line with National inflation.
RENEWALS: The contract renewal date will be the yearly anniversary of the date that you were first accepted onto contract. Renewal notices will be sent in advance of this date. The contract remains valid if payment is continued. If you pay by direct debit we will communicate with you at least three weeks prior to your renewal date to confirm whether you wish to continue with your contract. We will automatically renew your policy at the end of each contract year unless notified not to, in which case the contract will expire. Thorpe Eco Ltd reserves the right to refuse to renew a contract. Please note if your contract is renewed automatically, you have the statutory right to cancel within 14 days of the renewal date (your ‘cooling off period’)
YOUR RIGHTS: It is our responsibility to supply you with services that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us, our contact details are given at the bottom of the page. If you are unclear about your rights or require advice, you can contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506 or www.adviceguide.org.uk
ACCESS: It is your responsibility to let us into your property. If you do not allow us access to your property to perform the services as arranged (and you do not have a good reason for this) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property we may end the contract.
LANDLORDS: We will make every reasonable effort to undertake a gas safety inspection at your property. We will also make you aware if we fail to gain access to your tenanted property. Thorpe Eco Ltd cannot be held responsible if we cannot gain access to carry out your gas safety inspection. It is your legal responsibility as a landlord to ensure that the property has a valid Landlord Gas Safety Record.
CANCELLATIONS OF CONTRACT: You have a right to cancel the contract between you and us without giving any reason within 14 days of it being entered. This is known as your ‘cooling off’ period. To exercise your right to cancel you must inform us of your decision by a clear statement (e.g. a phone call, letter, fax or email). You may use the cancellation form below, but you do not have to. We reserve the right to cancel the contract if you have given any false information or you do not make an agreed payment on the due date or you do not allow us access to your property within a reasonable period or you change your boiler or an appliance that the contract covers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CONRACT: Your terms and conditions can be updated and amended at any time with 30 days’ notice of any update or amendment made by Thorpe Eco Ltd or a third party acting on behalf of Thorpe Eco Ltd.